Reno, NV Digital X-Rays
X-rays are one of the most important diagnostic tools used in dentistry. But recently, concerns over the radiation produced by x-rays has caused many patients to worry about their safety.
At the office of Dan Barrett DMD, your family’s safety is one of our highest priorities. We have chosen to invest in state-of-the-art digital x-rays specifically because they significantly reduce your exposure, produce much clearer digital images, and can be stored digitally in your patient record.
Benefits of Using Digital X-Rays
Many common dental issues start to develop beneath the enamel or gum tissue. Digital x-rays allow us to identify problems when they’re small, long before you experience any discomfort. Additionally, digital x-rays use significantly less radiation than film x-rays. Some estimates say they reduce your exposure by as much as 80%!
The greatest benefit of using digital x-rays is the reduction in radiation exposure. However, there are other benefits as well:
- Digital images can be stored directly into your patient record. This allows us to quickly review your history and track certain conditions or treatments.
- Images can be securely sent electronically to specialists and insurance providers when necessary, creating less hassle for you.
- Because no chemicals are required to process digital images, they are safer for the environment.
Digital X-Rays Help You See the Problem
Another benefit of using state-of-the-art digital x-rays is that we can project the image directly on our computer monitors so you see exactly what we see. Dr. Barrett can manipulate the image, making it larger or smaller so you can clearly see the problem.
One of our goals is to educate our patients about the importance of regular oral health care. When you can see what we see, it’s easier for you to understand why we need to perform treatment. And when you know the facts, you are much more likely to follow through with treatments needed to improve your oral health.
How We Use Digital X-Rays
In most cases, x-rays are the best way to identify potential health problems. In fact, some problems – such as infection – can go unnoticed for long periods of time until we see them with x-ray images.
We may recommend routine x-ray screening for any one of a number of reasons, but we will always provide an explanation as to why specific x-rays are necessary.
- Digital X-Rays allow us to observe and diagnose problems in much more detail than traditional film x-rays.
- Bitewing X-Rays allow us to see if there are cavities between the teeth and can also be used to see calculus buildup and bone levels around the teeth.
These x-rays complement each other and are used to safely and effectively diagnose dental problems.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
Are you overdue for a dental exam? We’d love to help bring your oral health care up to date and show you the difference that digital x-rays can make to your treatment.
Please call our Reno, NV office and a friendly member of our team will be happy to help you arrange an appointment at your convenience.